Monday, June 2, 2008

The "Week After" begins

Ah, yes I know the week truly starts with Sunday but I guess I am referring to the beginning of the ever-dreaded "workweek". Started my day with a lovely jaunt into NYC; a wonderful drive on a sunny Monday morning... actually the traffic gods were with me today and the ride was bearable. However, I was cutting it very close to my 9am appt. time with Dr. Shapiro and I did not want to keep the good doctor waiting, sooo, I hate to admit it but will, I used the valet parking service at the cancer center! It was actually quite sweet! After Dr. Shapiro took a look at my now well healed scars (that lumpectomy seems so long ago!)and said I looked "perfect" and Dr. Hiotis (who I ran into in the hallway) removed my steri-strips from my port incision, all I had to do was call and my car was there when I reached the ground floor. City living!

I headed from NYC back to Franklin Lakes and tried to assimilate back into the masses at Medco. It felt good to be out of the house but as I have tried to articulate to many people, my internal rhythm is "off" and while I can function normally things just feel plain weird. I hope to feel like "me" again soon! I am going to try running Wednesday and see how that goes. I took a 45 minute walk this evening and that seemed to make me feel somewhat better. My port in bothering me a bit - it feels like it is sticking me from the inside - like I said - things are weird. Wig shopping tomorrow!!! Stay tuned!!!

5 DAYS UNTIL GI JANE.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Just checking in on you. Possitive thoughts...love, Pam

jeanie said...

Dear Jane,
I am enjoying your journey with smiles and tears. You have an incredible way of expressing yourself that feels intimate and
personal. I have Thursdays and
Fridays off during the summer. So,
if there is anything that I could do for you, PLEASE do not hesitate to call on me. Lorna can give you
my phone # or she can reach me through Marlee.
Much Love and Many Prayers,
Jeanie