Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A-OK

After a sleepless night, a trip to the city to see Dr. Hiotis put my mind at ease. She examined my port and confirmed I did NOT have an infection and she could feel the catheter wire but sent me for a chest x-ray just to make sure the port did not move.

Just hearing her say everything looks okay made me feel so much better. However hearing that the pain is "part of the healing process" did not exactly make me happy but considering I was convinced I was feeling my port wire puncturing some important artery I can live to learn to live with this. Many thanks to my aunt Lorna for accompanying me into NYC.

I returned home (thanks to my aunt Karen) to receive a message that my x-ray showed my port was still where it should be. WHEW!!! I'll be able to sleep tonight; well, somewhat - I face treatment #3 tomorrow and do not look forward to its aftermath!

Greg and I had a wonderful evening with our friends Art and Karen: it was a good way to end 48 hours of ups and downs - on an up! The Wednesday prior to chemo has become out unoffical "date night" since it is usually the day I feel the best!

I also send out my thanks to Amy for exchanging my laptop for me and to Christine for providing an iron-rich breakfast for us to eat tomorrow! I continue to be overwhelmed by the suppot of all of you, THANK YOU!!!

No comments: