Friday, June 27, 2008

3 Down - 13 To Go!

Chemo treatment #3 went okay yesterday. I say only okay because once again my iron levels fell. I am now taking Repliva once a day. I started my morning off by eating enriched farina (50%RDA of iron) topped with Bran One ceral (25%RDA of iron) and raisins(6%RDA). It appears I may also need to become more of a carnivore and incorpate some red meat into my diet. My thought is we will need to hide beef in red sauce, chili, and under cheese.

This is also the 1st of my three treatments where I was so tired afterwards I even fell asleep in the car during the ride home. I took a late afternoon nap and felt better. Greg and I were able to have dinner together and while he went out to help a friend I settled in on the couch and watched, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". For those of you who enjoy French films and do not mind subtitles, it was excellent. Fair warning: it is very heavy stuff as it is based on the true life story of the editor of Elle magazine in France.

My port continues to bother me but my oncolgist also looked at it and said it looks fine. I am back to having lay only on my back as if I lie on either side my port does not like it!

It appears it may be a rainy day here in Northern NJ today. I have taken my Emend so hoping I feel well for awhile. I can feel the fatigue creeping up on me but just popped my steroid so I may soon be feeling a bit more livley. Could just be the grey skies and impeding rain although my gardens would enjoy a good dousing.

P.S. - I have added photos from Doug and Meridith's wedding under the post "Meltdown"!

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Jane Clare,
Wedding pics are great! Ella Jane is
adorable. I love the hat and you look sensational!!!!! Nuff said.
ML & MP
Jeanie