Thursday, June 5, 2008

Is this week over yet?


Yesterday was a bad day. Let me qualify that, it was actually the worst "post-chemo" day I have had yet. I had not slept the night before very much and think of course that fact only added to my general malaise. My head hurt, my mouth was bothering me, and overall I felt so awful that I tried to lie down but turns out I was actually somewhat wired and could not even keep my eyes closed. At one point I was ready to dig this port out of my chest - no one mentioned it would feel like it was alive and trying to embed itself in my inner chest wall all on its own! I am giving it until the end of the day today and may need to call my surgeon to make sure that lovely feeling is normal. Of course I have no one to blame but myself for trying to sleep without chemical assistance. Thankfully last night I gave in and took some drugs. I feel much better today - imagine that!

I did have to share the highlight of my day. Greg and I attempted to do some grocery shopping but my timeframe for being vertical was very slim so we raced through the market and returned home. I was calling the night the winner in my battle fro the day when I remembered an e-mail I had received earlier that day from my sister-in-law Christine. I asked Greg to bring it up on his computer. They say laughter is the best medicine. We laughed until we were crying. I have to tell you I went to sleep with a smile on my face and in my heart due to these kids. My bad day vanished immediately as Greg quickly printed me a copy.

My niece and nephews are such incredible kids; they truly have the power to restore my positive outlook when I am down (along with their parents!).... hmmm I might need to borrow that curly blonde one from Aaron....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOO my goodness, Jane...how could you not feel better after seeing the picture of the kids? What a riot! Too darned cute!

It is true..laughter is the best medicine, but when you need assistance, do NOT hesitate to enhance it with chemical assistance. I am a firm believer in that!!!

Just keep crossing those days off the calendar. With each passing day, you are that much closer to your goal......beating & winning!!!!! Love Debbie