Friday, June 6, 2008

TGIF

My sister-in-law Mary kicked-off my Friday by passing along the below story which I have to say just hit the right chord for me! For those of you who do not know Mary, she is a woman I admire for she is also a survivor; her husband David lovingly donated his kidney to her almost two (could it be three?) years ago. She is able to relate to my stories of port pain having gone through her own journey involving dialysis, surgery, etc. They are both now doing very well and are spending the summer in David's native Switzerland. We miss them and wish we could visit - once this is all behind us we will make the journey over!

Spent Thursday evening seeing Sex and the City with Laurie, Erin, Tracey and Lauren. Thank you for a great night ladies! I was feeling good and laughing as we did is always an instant high! I was still giggling about the dangers of a Volvo wagon backdoor when I got home. (That's a "you had to be there" sort of story!)

So begins Friday. Greg and I are have been invited to attend the Eastern Effects Employee Day which starts at the Bronx Zoo. I am a bit apprehensive about how I will feel but will be bringing my saltines, meds, etc. and will have water on hand at all times. Let the weekend begin!



Attitude

There once was a woman who woke up one morning,
looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today."
So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror
and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

"Hmmm," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today."
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror
and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."
So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly...

Leave the rest to God or to whatever higher being you believe in!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

No comments: