Thursday, June 12, 2008

Treatment #2



It is a beautiful Thursday morning here in Butler ,NJ - the recent "summer steaminess" has not yet started and running 3 miles with Jess at 6am felt really, really good. Today is chemo treatment #2. I have mixed emotions - on one hand it will be one more treatment behind me; on the other it is another week of feeling like crap. The past few days have been great - I have been able to run in the morning and function during the day like a normal human being. I have quickly learned to embrace the days such as these.

Going to work with my buzzcut proved a non-issue. I even had two women I never met before come up to me in the cafeteria to tell me how much they liked my "look" and plan one day to do the same to their hair. Inside I prayed to the powers that be that they never, ever have to sport a buzzcut for the reasons I do and can truly make it a personal choice; outside I said thanks - it really helps "beat the heat".

I have many good things over the next few days to look forward to help me through this round: First, they began work on our cabin. It is being stripped, re-stained, and re-chinked. I can't wait to see how pretty she will look! I have attached some before photos taken during the winter. Also, we have the wedding of our very good friends Meridith and Doug to attend this weekend.

So I wait for my chemo date, my aunt Lorna for this round, listen to a mix of the Pixies and The Beatles Revolver album and can't help but smile. It is a sunny day...

No comments: