Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye to July!

Tomorrow brings Taxol treatment #2. My friend Tracy, a former Medco now J&J employee will be my "chemo companion". It will be good to see her and spend some time with her!

I have had a good week thus far: Sunday morning I was able to meet my friend Chris at Starbucks and catch up in person and ended the night with the Boss: a great way to kick-off the week! Felt good enough to go into the office Mon, Tuesday and today; Had dinner At the PQ diner Monday night courtesy of Denise (THANKS!), Tues. night tried to see Mamma Mia with my mom but it was sold out, however we did get to have pizza and Dairy Queen (vanilla soft serve is one sweet thing I can tolerate; no cone though...) I was able to walk with Amy in the morning today and this evening was treated to a delicious dinner compliments of Corrine Brewer, my sister-in-law's mom.. (THANK YOU - the blueberry/rhubarb cobbler was perfect - not too sweet!); and I also learned this week that my "sister" Patrice will be flying in from Missouri to do the Komen walk with me on 9/14 - how cool is that? I have know Patrice for many years; we met while each working at our respective BCBS plans. During that time we were often mistaken for sisters or as each other! I am thrilled she will be visiting us!

I am hoping to find out tomorrow what I might take to alleviate my bone aches as well to begin the discussion around my radiation treatments, as in where and for how long. I am still sporting my Lex Luthor look and suffering the metallic taste in my mouth but so thankful not to have the constant internal discomfort I dealt with the last drug mix!

Based on my comments above, I am guessing I won't have to worry that I have lost any weight this week! I also am hopeful that my iron count stays where it was last week or if it moves, goes up! Number 2 for Taxol here I come, then only 10 more to go!

No comments: