Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Komen NYC Race for the Cure 9-14-08

Yes, this is a solicitation... but I am committed to the cause more now than ever!!! Please consider joining me or supporting me for this year’s Komen 5K in NYC. As you all know, this race has taken on heightened significance in my life as I am now a part of those who benefit from the research funded by its proceeds.

I’ll be walking with Team Medco – you can walk with us even if you do not work here!

The race will be held in Central Park on Sunday September 14th at 9:00AM. Traditionally we meet at a Starbucks on the Upper West Side - details to follow.

You can register online at http://www.komennyc.org/ by clicking on “Join a Race Team.” Please enter Medco as the team name and then follow the instructions. You must register online by September 1st. I'll get your race bib and t-shirt prior to race day. If you register after September 1st, you can still join Team Medco but will need to pick-up your t-shirt and bib the day before the race or on race day on your own.

If you do not care to walk but still would like to support the cause, go to site above, select find a walker and enter my name.

Many thanks to all of you for your continued support – who knows, maybe I’ll even have hair again by 9/14…..

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Jane Clare,
Thanks for the push to better health.
I am ready to walk the walk. In the
next 2 months I am going to get myself into shape, so that I can make you proud to have me on your team.
I've signed up with Medco, and will
wear the t-shirt and bib proudly for you. I even got my first pledge!
Looking forward to September 14th.
Much Love & Many Prayers,
Jeanie