Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day, 2008

I awoke to the sound of rain pattering against my bedroom windows. I looked across the bed to see I was alone. When I arose and wandered out into the living room I found Greg lying on the floor next to Tacoma, this is where he had spent the night.

Tacoma appeared a bit better, she was wagging her tail and ate some food - even went outside. Greg was a bit worse off having not slept very much as he watched over her. As the day progressed we were the recipients of several gifts for which we a very grateful: my aunt Lorna gave us carte blanche for items from Trader Joe's which my cousin Kristen then delivered (Yes - SHE IS DRIVING!!!) and my mom brought over homemade chocolate chip cookies for Greg which made him very happy! She also brought Tacoma some snacks. Tacoma wagged her tail for my mom and while she did not move from her spot on the bathroom tile, she did eat three of the "filet mignons" my mom offered her. Our neighbors Hank and Jessica brought over some ice cream for Tacoma. Yes folks, they make ice cream for dogs and Tacoma enjoyed every bit of it. Greg and I laughed in relief as she gobbled it down - our dog appeared to be on the road to recovery! We go back to vet tomorrow at 8:30am to have her examined.

Our neighbors returned a bit later with a pitcher of "lemonade" - "adult style" they said and filled with fresh fruit. I think I may even have a glass as it has been that kind of week! Thank you to all who have been checking in with us - we really, truly appreciate it; I'll keep you posted about Tacoma. Me, I am on the upswing; getting ready for my last round of my Adrimycin/Cytoxin cocktail on 7/10. BRING ON THE TAXOL!!!

No comments: