Monday, August 4, 2008

August Already


It is yet another Monday morning and thankfully I am feeling well. In fact, my 2nd Taxol treatment was not that bad. I had some achiness Saturday and Sunday but taking some ibuprofen and a nap seemed to do the trick.

We did a bunch of nothing this weekend which tends to be just what I need these days. We kicked off Friday evening with a long walk and dinner made by my friend Terri. Saturday came and went with rain, I did a lot of reading! Sunday was beautiful, cool and breezy. We spent the morning at the New Jersey State Fair (See giant sand sculpture photo above) with the Haggertys. How can you not feel good at a carnival? So many colors, sounds, smells - it is sensory overload! Sydney and Sarah always make me laugh so it is good to be around them. I was sad I could not go on the rides this year due to the location of my port and most over the shoulder restraints but I'll be back next year! Also, the dietary offerings leave a it to be desired when not all that much tastes good! Pizza always seems to work. I tired quickly from walking around in the sun and after a quick stop at my mom's (who gave us homemade beef and barley soup - Dinner! Thanks Mom!) headed home and took a much needed nap.

This week chemo is on Wednesday. It was great to spend time with Tracy last week, this week I'll get to spend some with my friend Maureen. Treatment should go rather quickly as all I need to receive is the Taxol. No Benadryl and no study drug. Ten more treatments to go...

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Jane Clare,
Glad to hear that the taxol treatments have become a bit less
tax-ing (someone had to say it).
In just a couple days (8/7) you'll be celebrating an anniversary, of sorts. FOUR months
of this tedium behind you, yahoo!
John and I just celebrated 20 years from the very first visit with Dr. Troy in Mt Sinai Hosp.
(8/1/1988) John had been diagnosed the Friday prior (7/29) with CML.
Just think in 2028 you'll be telling someone, "Oh I was diagnosed 20 years ago with breast cancer and boy what a ride that
was!"
Much Love & Many Prayers,
Jeanie