Monday, July 28, 2008

Phase 2 - Taxol

Well I have started phase 2 of my chemo treatment. On 7/24 my friend David accompanied me for my 1st round of Taxol. David was a trooper as I warned him of the possibility my iron would be too low and I would require a transfusion or I might have an allergic reaction to the Taxol that would cause me to have difficulty breathing.. and still he drove from NYC to pick me up, drove me back to the city for treatment and returned me back to NJ - as I have said, my friends are a pretty amazing bunch! My brother stayed at my house Thursday night since Greg was in San Diego for Comicon 2008. He (Greg, not my brother!) brought me home a great Amanda Connor Supergirl print - THANK YOU Amanda! You rock! I really wanted to go this year with all the DK hype but will wait until 2009. Besides - 2009 will be the year of the Rat...

The treatment itself was a non-event but by Friday afternoon I was definitely feeling it. Very different from my A/C cocktail, I felt an overall ache in my bones - I mean even my teeth hurt! No nausea thankfully but that weird metallic taste did come back. My achiness lasted until Sunday when I awoke feeling quite normal. Greg and I enjoyed a quintessential Jersey summer event Sunday evening at Giants stadium; we took in the 1st of 3 Springsteen concerts. After hearing "Janey don't you lose heart" I knew it was time to call it a night even though the Boss rocked on until midnight. Yes, there are times when I am 100% Jersey girl!

Back at work today and felt okay. Chemo is weekly now so return to the city Thursday so not looking forward to the return of the "aches" but will inquire as to what, if anything I might take to relieve the pain. This will be treatment #2 of 12 - the end is finally in sight! In fact, Greg had suggested I look at my treatment like running a marathon since I have done two of those. So when I did the math I figure I am past the 10K mark...I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and soon I'll be at that glorious finish line!!!

2 comments:

jeanie said...

Jane Clare,
Boy, you give up one discomfort
(nausea) for another (aches & pains). I'm glad to hear the optimism in your words. I so enjoyed the photos from Cape Cod.
I've never been, but it surely looks like a place to find respite.
Wonderful family pictures too.
Thanks for sharing. Keep up the
positive energies and here's to the FINISH LINE!!!!!
Much love & Many prayers
Jeanie

Ted said...

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ugc65WMV7Z0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash