Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Quarantine!

Taxol treatment #3 is now behind me - thankfully!

My friend Maureen joined my today - it was great to see her and have her company! The bad news today is my WHITE blood cell count has crashed to a dangerous low. Just when I got my iron counts under control! I almost did not have my infusion today which would have been a major downer since I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel; I mean I am finally in the single digits when it comes to remaining weeks of chemo: NINE!!! HOORAY!

Anyhow need Neupogen ASAP and will use that to try to get my counts back up but in the meantime no malls, no movies, no restaurants and no office. I also need to be very careful about who comes to visit. So while this interlude may be good for my pocketbook, (maybe not - internet shopping still works!), I may lose my mind!

I am at just over $900 towards my goal of $1500 for the Komen NYC Race for the Cure. THANKS EVERYONE! Also, so many folks are walking with me, it is going to be great! My mom, Christine and Hayden, Jess, Shelly and her daughter, Jeanie and Patrice will all be walking with Team Medco. I am glad the team is open to "outsiders!" I have decided I will walk bald. I'll wear my pink wig for the Team Medco photo (I do not need my bald head posted on Medco's intranet)and then remove it for actual walk. I also plan on wearing my F*CK CANCER shirt so will need to make sure I am in the back row for photo as well! Be sure to check back here for photos! The Race for the Cure is 9/14 - again I'll ask you to please join us or consider supporting us!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sorry to hear about your white blood counts being so low. I had to have the neulasta shot every 2 weeks right after chemo. It definately worked and kept me on track with treatments. As for me, I had my PET scan today and everything is all clear! And, I have graduated from my every 3 month check up to every 6 months! He is happy with my progress and said it is time to move on! I am now heading out to Cape Cod for the weekend to visit family and celebrate my one year anniversary as a cancer survivor - F?&K CANCER!