Thursday, August 21, 2008

GOLD!!!


Chemo treatment #9 is done! My day started out great - I was deemed worthy of gold by my niece Hayden, as you can see by the medal I am wearing in my photo, for being Top in Category: "Being an Aunt". In fact, my nephew Aaron even said, "...when it come to aunting, you are like Michael Phelps and swimming..." - Ethan sent me a great card too!

Chris Melone accompanied me today - how great to spend some time with her! My counts were good - WOOHOO! Dr. Oratz told me I could even start running again, albeit slowly, but actually running!

Lastly - my hair is growing back!!!! It is white - like a fine peach fuzz but it is hair! I have read that it comes back without color first with pigmented hair coming in a bit later. Can't wait to have my buzzcut back and to see what color my real hair is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We celebrate your milestone with many gold medals, hugs and kisses. Watch the mail.

Love,
Jane, Joe and Liz