Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bubble Girl

Tomorrow it will be a week since the start of my chemo induced exile and I have:

1. Become addicted to the Olympics
2. Refolded everything in my drawers
3. Learned just what it must be like to have OCD

Seriously folks I know I need to take it easy and all but I am praying my counts are good and I can, at minimum, go to the grocery store! (Althought I have to admit, shopping using the Peapod delivery service is quite nice and also there is Mom's delivery service which can't be beat - homemade soup and flowers, not to mention a supply of antibacterial gel and bug spray!)

I have been able to walk outside which has been has been quite comfortable. I am hoping my iron counts are good so I may even return to some light running. My brother, my niece and nephews along with Amy and Jess have kept me company walking, it is nice to have human interaction! Keeping my fingers crossed for Thursday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the title. We're back from our trip to Colorado and it was fantastic. We went white water rafting, horseback riding, hiking, etc. Can't say we relaxed much, but as far as I can tell, that is why god created winter.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Love,

Pam

Anonymous said...

Hummmmmmmm....well I must admit after reading this latest exerpt from you, I should pass the word on to watch what we wish for. It's not as fun as we may think!!!!
I mean I will admit there are many times I wish OOOOOOOOO I would LOVE a week in bed to sleep, read, watch TV or pass the day away...or to be locked in my home away from everyone just for peace and quiet...you don't make it sound fun at all...re-arranging your drawers and re-folding the items in it.....yuck!!!!!!
OKay you convinced me....off to work I go!!!!
Hoping your counts are better tomorrow and you can rejoin those you miss!
Love you,
From your NH family