Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Last Days of Summer...

Wow - August 26th already. Unbelievable. In some ways I am thrilled as the end of summer bring me closer to the end of my chemo treatments but on the other hand I am somewhat sad as this summer was a blur of trips to NY, feeling good and bad, and sticking close to home. I am already planning my summer of 2009!

Lots of good the past few days: we had our homestudy updated Friday so we hope our adoption procedings will continue as planned. We asked the social worker what turnaround time they are telling folks now and she said 29-30 months. That puts us at Sept/Oct 2009. We just have to wait and see.

I had dinner Friday at my mom's with "the girls" and laughed so much my stomach hurt. The food was great too and my mom gave me some beautiful flowers. Saturday I walked/jogged at the track in the morning which tired me out a bit so spent some time at my Aunt Lorna's sitting by the pool reading. We then got my badly needed shopping done. When are they going to put a Trader Joe's in Kinnelon? After stopping home to unload the groceries we stopped by Laurie and Rodgers for a quick hello as Rob and Robyn were there too. Saturday night was spent at Erin's for Lauren's bachelorette pre-party. It was a lot of fun and I was very envious when they all piled into a limo and took off for dinner and revelry in NYC. There is just no way I can stay out to 3 or 4am these days. Maybe once the port comes out... Ended the weekend with a very nice dinner at the beautiful home of Kathleen and John out in the country. (Clinton, NJ) The work they have done on their home is fabulous; Greg and I have always loved big old stone homes.

Back at work Monday and all I can say is my days there fly by as I am pretty busy. Karen M. will be my "chemo companion" this week! The countdown continues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful news! The precious little gift of life that will soon enter you lives is a most positive and perfect thing to meditate on!

She will be here sooner than you think...I think..? o_O

Thanks for sharing this wonder news with us! ^____^

Peace, Love, Health and Happiness to you always! Z^++^