Monday, August 18, 2008

Suddenly Sunday

The weekend started out all right: Friday night my mom brought me a beautiful basket of flowers, Jess dropped off an elaborate salad, and we had a wonderful dinner at Lorna's. Off to a good start right?

Saturday morning was beautiful. We drove down to Flemington to meet Greg's friend Doug, his wife Karen and their two girls, MacKenzie and Kylie for breakfast. (They were in NJ visiting family; they live in Minnesota.) We had a very nice time; the girls are beautiful and very entertaining! After breakfast we walked around the outlets for a bit picking up some cool baby outfits for our new neighbor, Gregory Jupiter Jones (Cammos for newborns - who knew?).

As we headed north we heard from our friends Laurie and Rodger who were in the midst of their annual family party and we planned on stopping by. I fell asleep in the car on the drive back and when we arrived home did not feel quite right. I thought perhaps I needed to eat something, but no, that did no make me feel better. I then thought perhaps a short nap would snap me out of it. Greg woke me up about 3 hours later and all I wanted to do was sleep. Not sure why I was feeling so fatigued but figured I best go with it. So, needless to say we missed Laurie and Rodger's gathering along with my dear friend Antoinette's 40th celebration. Our neighbors Hank and Jessica - parents of the aforementioned Gregory Jupiter - took pity on Greg and invited him over for dinner. Greg woke me to try to get me to eat but food was just not appealing to me. I tried to sleep but could not so spent the later part of evening laying on the couch just watching to the Olympics.

So as my post title states, it was suddenly Sunday. I had accomplished nothing on Saturday. I was feeling good so started laundry, etc. while Greg tended to the lawn. Phyllis called and I decided I was up to lunch at her beautiful new house. The chores could wait! We had a good time having lunch with her and Mike; they are so happy! From the south we traveled north and spent an enjoyable evening having dinner with Greg's Dad and Jean. It was a beautiful night on the lake and the grilled meal was perfect. The highlight of the evening was my Greg receiving some vintage Star Wars toys from Jean And Greg Sr. He smiled the entire drive home!

Was able to walk with Amy this AM and now it is off to work ! I look forward to chemo this week as after this treatment I will finally be at that place in my treatment plan where I have less cycles still facing me than I have already had! That light at the end of the tunnel grows brighter....

No comments: