Friday, August 15, 2008

Mingling with the Masses



Ah, freedom, sweet freedom! Yes, my white blood cell count has rebounded and I am free to leave the house. Okay, so I left the house once or twice, but now I can even go to a restaurant or Whole Foods and not wear gloves and a mask! (No, I never did that - but the thought did cross my mind!)

I started Thursday morning off by opening the front door of the cabin and seeing the signs in photo above stuck in my front yard. I laughed out loud! I knew right then and there it would be a good day, I mean really, how could my day go wrong with a beginning such as that?

Jess was my chemo bud (Thank you!). At my oncologists's office, we met a woman going through chemo for the 1st time. She will be on the same drug protocol I am so I gave her my phone number and told I'd be happy to talk if she needed to. She may have thought I was nuts handing over my number to a total stranger, but I found that talking to folks who had been through what I was now experiencing put my mind at ease when I was freaking out! We were then able to have lunch with my brother who is located just a few blocks away.

My evening was capped off by Denise bringing us some homemade beefstew! As I said - it had to be a good day! I'll be returning to the office Monday.

ONLY 8 MORE CHEMO TREATMENTS TO GO!!!!! If keeping with my marathon comparison, I am at mile 13.1 and just hitting my stride! 13.1 more to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAH-HOOOOO Jane Clare!
Definitely a reason to celebrate....FREEDOM! It comes in many shapes and forms....and means different things to everyone.
Please keep smiling and your positive outlook!
You are truly an inspiration to us all...Some would wallow within themselves, but here you are giving your tele number out to ease the fear of a total stranger who like yourself is traveling down a scary path.
We in NH admire your strength. Gosh, we LOVE you!