Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinqo de Mayo

Happy "Cinqo de Mayo"! Can you believe it is the fifth of May already? Time is flying by!

I am happy to report my visit to Dr. Shapiro (my surgeon) went perfectly today. To quote him, I am healing "beautifully". I just need to accept the fact I lost some lymph nodes and may now be subject to lymph fluid buildup in my arm which, I can attest, is quite uncomfortable! My DNA results came back and the cancer is estrogen positive (100%) and progesterone positive (10%) and I had a negative HER2 score. All is all, that is good news! I hope to meet with the oncologist (Dr. Ruth Oratz) later this week and find out exactly what I am facing in terms of further treatment.

I feel better every day; Greg and I had a wonderful weekend in New Hampshire at my cousin Kristen's wedding. She was an incredibly beautiful bride! Seeing all of the Burt family was great but emotional - all those slow songs (and white wine) definitely pulled at my heartstrings but I am glad we went! We learned I'll be an aunt again - my brother Phil and his wife Jessica are expecting so I have a something wonderful to look forward to in November! I even ran 3 miles - it felt great to "move" again!

Thank you all for the continued positive thoughts and support!

No comments: