Thursday, May 15, 2008

5/14 -Scans Scheduled!

I am scheduled to have my Echocardiogram, EKG and PET Scan all on 5/19. Greg will come with me. We will also meet with Dr. Oratz's lead nurse, Beth once all tests are complete.

My ECHO and EKG are both at NYU one at 10 the other at 11. My PET Scan will be done at Madison Imaging at 11:45. I will then need lunch as my PET scan requires a 6 hour fast!!! We will meet with Beth that afternoon. So my hopes are Dr. Oratz will get results and I can get through Memorial Day weekend, have port implanted and start chemo either the week of 5/26 or 6/2.


PET/CT Basics
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Computerized Tomography (CT) are both standard imaging tools that allow physicians to pinpoint the location of cancer within the body before making treatment recommendations.

The highly sensitive PET scan detects the metabolic signal of actively growing cancer cells in the body and the CT scan provides a detailed picture of the internal anatomy that reveals the location, size and shape of abnormal cancerous growths.

Alone, each imaging test has particular benefits and limitations but when the results of PET and CT scans are "fused" together, the combined image provides complete information on cancer location and metabolism.
The bottom line is that you can have both scans - PET and CT - done at the same time

WIGSTOCK 2008 TBD!!!!

No comments: