Monday, April 28, 2008

4/28 Update

I received great news from my surgeon this afternoon - my margins were clear and only the one lymph node was affected! This means no more surgery! WooHoo!!! While I was officially listed as "Stage IIB" my doctor is confident that with chemo and radiation I should be just fine moving forward. He also removed the lovely drain that had been attached to me for the past week so I finally feel normal; still a bit sore and my left upper arm is still numb but overall I could not be happier with the result! We are waiting for the DNA results on the tumor after which I will meet with the oncologist; most likely some time next week.

I'll be back at work Tuesday and am looking forward to attending the wedding of my cousin Kristen, this coming weekend in New Hampshire. Again - many, many, thanks for all of your support, thoughts and prayers during the past few weeks - having you along side me has made this journey much easier to travel thus far!!!

No comments: