Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Treatment Begins

So I was scanned, scoped, poked and prodded yesterday - handed over bodily fluids in several different types of cups/vials,etc. and here is the lowdown;

PET Scan/EKG/Echo - no results yet

Mediport Implant Procedure - Tuesday 5/27, Same Day Surgery Center at NYU; surgeon will be Dr. Karen Hiotis (same office as Dr. Shapiro)

Chemo - starts Thursday 5/29. Protocol changed a bit, Adriamycin and Cytoxan will be every two weeks instead of three for four cycles, followed by the 12 weeks of Taxol.

So I look forward to a good Memorial Day weekend and then getting down to business!

I sent a request to friends and family to ask if anyone has a free Thursday and would be willing to take me into the city and spend a couple of hours there. So far, 7/14, 7/31, 8/7 and 9/12 are taken.!!! THANK YOU!!! Greg and my family are willing to help but I thought I would try to lessen the burden on them. I know we are all so busy - please do not feel pressured! I figured at least I can ask the question and figure things out as we go along!

My initial schedule will be:

5/29 (Greg will be at this session), 6/12, 6/26, and 7/10 followed by 7/17, 7/24, 7/31 - every Thursday through 10/2.

Last - WIGSTOCK is on!!! Join us on 6/7 as we raise a glass and say "F*CK CANCER!!!"

No comments: