Thursday, May 29, 2008

One down 15 to go!!!!





Well, no sooner than I had hit "PUBLISH" on my last post; the phone rang and it was my nurse telling me they would have my drug and to come on in! Interesting start to the day!

Treatment went very well and right now (9:15pm) I feel fine. It took 5 hours - first I had an anti-nausea med, followed by my study drug (I am in the Avistin clinical trial), then followed by the Adrimycin - this drug is bright red and does interestinn things to the fluids that leave my body - topped off by Cytoxin with a feww ccs of saline to cap the day!

So now I wait, for what I am not sure but I hope I have no incredibly awful side effects. I am okay with the hair loss thing it is the thought of feeling sick and so very tired that scares me the most. Tomorrow I take a Neulasta shot to increase my white blood cell production. Thankfully I am adept at injections so no need to visit a doc. Side effect from this drug could be bone pain. BONE PAIN??? As if having cancer isn't bad enough and you get sick and want to vomit and you get tired, so very tired, so let's throw in a little bone pain just for fun... Ah, that old adage rings through my head :WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!" I sure as hell hope so.

So like I may have said before, yoo may learn more about me than you have ever known but please, please, please pass along my blog to any woman facing breast cancer or to any man who cares for a woman facing it so she/he knows they are not alone. I am also willing to talk to anyone so please feel free to give out my contact info. I know having co-workers who face or have faced the same demon and were so willing to talk to me made the start of my journey so much easier. I'll keep you posted as to how I feel over next few days - this should be a wild ride!!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Yea! One down! I am so proud of you! Your doing great!!!

Yes, the "a" drug - I called it, "kool-aid" and it left the same way. Ewww.....the stories we can share - LOL!

You go girl! You will get through this - keep up the positive attitude.

~ Jen

Jenni said...

Yea! One down! I am so proud of you! Your doing great!!!

Yes, the "a" drug - I called it, "kool-aid" and it left the same way. Ewww.....the stories we can share - LOL!

You go girl! You will get through this - keep up the positive attitude.

~ Jen

Anonymous said...

Ok well the image of you in the mirror reminded me strikingly of this: http://www.obrasilero.com/ring/cursedvideos/samara/Scene07.png