Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 1 of Radiation Done...2 to Go!

We turned the clocks back last night and at 8:30 am the sun is shining brilliantly through our windows. I am watching on television the runners line up in Staten Island for the ING NY Marathon with feelings of jealously (I wish I was able to run that far) to happiness (they all look COLD!) and reflecting on the race I am nearing the finish line on - this fight that has taken over my life for the past six months and made 2008 fly by in a blur of physician appointments, drug names I had only heard of at work, and daily "hair growth checks" - I am rounding the corner now and can see the balloon arch floating above that glorious finish tape....

Week one of radiation is behind me. I really cannot complain as the staff at the Cancer Center has been incredible and the treatments themselves not bad. Greg found the website about the machine I am strapped to everyday: http://www.varian.com/. It is actually very cool - laser beams and moving into the exact positions every day.

Halloween was fun but we didn't have that many Trick or Treaters. My niece and nephews came over for a pizza dinner and we accompanied them to a few houses in the neighborhood. My sister-in-law was definitely in the spirit and was dressed as my brother's greatest fantasy: a Starbucks barista! ;-) My 17 year old cousin Kristen was dressed as what she called "punk", I cringed as saw her photo and realized her costume was pretty much what I sported daily back in the late 80's! Shelly made my day by sending me the link to Ministry's "Everyday is Halloween"; making me once again ask - "Why didn't we get on that tour bus? Oh yeah, final exams!" (That's for you Shell!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL-Your giving away all our secrets!!
XXOO
GTII