Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sprinting towards the finish line!

November winds have been carrying winter air to NJ. All of the trees around my house have shed their leaves and point bare limbs towards the sky. The night starts early now, making me want to hibernate until the warm weather returns.

I face my very last week of treatment. Suffice to say I really cannot believe it. I will be zapped for the last time, see my surgeon for my six month follow-up and my oncologist for my one month follow-up. (I still can't get used to the fact that I have an oncologist...)

I am waiting for my hair to fill in. I can deal with the color, or should I say lack of color. What I am having issues with right now are my eyelashes. Correction, my lack of eyelashes. The lashes that are returning are white. Very white and very spiky. When they get some length, they curl and not in a good way. I find myself unable to keep some one's eye which in turn makes me feel uncomfortable almost as if I no longer have any confidence. I find it strange as I was fine with sporting a buzz cut, even a bald head. I know I just need to give it time but I never realized how much of "me" I identified with how I looked.

Ah time for "True Blood" - my newest televised fetish. Last episode of the season, guess will need to get my vamp fix else where. Guess I'll need to get in line to see "Twilight"!

No comments: