Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

The fire is roaring, my wine glass is empty and my Christmas cards are done. A perfect Sunday!

I awoke to a morning too cold to run. I went shopping with my mom instead followed by a vist to my aunt's for tea. I arrived home in time to assist Greg with clearing our yard of the many leaves that had finally all fallen from the trees.

So, as you may have surmised, I am feeling good. Really good. I am able to see the beginnings of eyebrows and eyelashes when I look in the mirror. My bald head is almost covered - my hair may be grey but it is hair! The only lasting side effect from my radiaiton is a rash of a sort, almost a mottled bruising of the skin, but that too is fading. The holidays approach and I am thrilled to feel like myself again!

My oncologist appointment went well; everything "looks great". I do have a few more tests in front of me: a bone density scan, a final echocardiogram, an ultrasound, more blood work and yes, a mammogram. I inquired about a full body scan. Since I had one after my surgery that was clear, my doctors feel the above list of scans,etc. is quite sufficient! I do not need to go back for three months! Hooray! There is quite enough to keep me busy, like deciding what color my hair should be...

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Jane Clare,
So happy that all of that is behind
you. I am certain that this holiday
season will be filled with joy.
Starting with THANKSgiving! I know
that tears will form when you sit
around the table, cause you'll be so THANKful to be there!!! I recall the THANKSgiving when John was in Seattle and the boys and I
were still in Jersey (flew out on Dec 14th). Sitting around the
THANKSgiving table with family sans John was tough,but his BMT had
taken place prior to THANKSgiving that year (NOV 20). My mind was on
John and how THANKful I was that he was still with us, even if so far away. Every THANKSgiving since
and each THANKSgiving to follow, I
will be eternally THANKful.
Blessings to you and your family.
Much Love & Many Prayers,
Jeanie & John