Thursday, October 16, 2008

No Chemo This Week!!!

What a week - and it isn't over yet!

I started the week off by being so sick I could not move. Not quite sure what happened; I was fine Saturday morning (even did a combo 4 mile walk/run with Jess) but started feeling weird as the day wore on. We had dinner plans with Lorna, Steve, Michael, Sarah and Kristen at the new Portobello. The restaurant is beautiful and I wish I could tell you about the food but I ended up having to leave I felt so bad. Greg drove me home and returned to Portobello; I dove into bed. I was so violently ill that poor Greg arrived home to find me in tears along with a mess to deal with. (...for better or worse...) I spent all day Sunday and Monday on the couch. Lorna brought me homemade chicken soup which I was able to keep down by Sunday night. THANK YOU!

I returned to work Tuesday but have not felt quite 100% since. I have been sleeping in (no AM walks or runs) and going to bed early. I keep waiting to feel better - I guess I will keep waiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane, I've found comfort in reading your blog because my mom is going through chemo for lymphoma. We spent five hours in the chemo lab yesterday and four hours today. Tomorrow my brother will take her.

We hope she'll be done the week before Christmas ... that would be the best present.

Like you, we have the most wonderful nurses taking care of my mom and her oncologist is such a kind and generous doctor.

I wish you the best.