Sunday, October 19, 2008

Making Strides

The Park Awash in Pink

My Walking Attire!

What a weekend! I spent Friday afternoon recovering from my port removal. We had a wonderful dinner courtesy of my mom but I spent the evening on the couch. I awoke feeling pretty good on Saturday. It was a beautiful day! We drove up to the lake had dinner with Greg and Jean. We retired somewhat early as we had joined my oncologist's team to walk in the American Cancer Society's "Making Strides for Breast Cancer" in Central Park.

We arrived in the city by 9:15, found our group and were off. The day was bright and crisp. We walked the route with 30,000 people - sorry to say we quickly lost our team. Greg and I had fun walking together; we received many comments on my hair (PINK!) and his shirt (F*CK CANCER!). It was a five mile stroll through the park. We left the city en route to my mom's for lunch and met my Aunt Louise and her fiance - they seem very happy! My cousin Ryan was there with his wife Cathy and her daughter Alexis. Alexis is playing field hockey and her team (sixth grade) is undefeated. I played in high school and really loved the sport so figure we should go see a game! My grandfather was also there, Louise flew up from Florida so that she could drive back with him. I think Greg and I need a trip down there. The winter is going to be extra cold without any hair!

No comments: