Tuesday, October 7, 2008

For Better or Worse

The Normandy Inn

Girls on the Dance Floor

Pregnant Jess

Team Jane Hildebrandt



"Do you remember our wedding vows? About for better or worse?", I asked Greg as we sped down the Garden State Parkway towards Spring Lake - our destination for the weekend. As he said yes but looked at me with questioning eyes... I continued, "Well, I just realized I left my Neupogen in the fridge. At home. And since it is now 4:30pm if we turn around we will never make our dinner reservation." And rather than angrily turning the car around, or berating me for my forgetfulness, he simply said, "Call your nurse and see if it is okay to take it on Sunday rather than Saturday." Which I did and it was. As I sat back I realized just how happy I have been for the past five years married to this man. I figure if we have survived this far through 2008, the future should be a piece of cake!

We were headed to Spring Lake not only to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary, but to celebrate the marriage of our friends Lauren and James, both co-workers of mine. Wonderful people they are and their gathering of friends and family at The Breakers was full of happiness and joy. Greg and I were happy to share "our date" with them! They even played our wedding song for us - it was a nice evening.

We stayed at the Normandy Inn, pictured above. We walked the beach, walked into town and to dinner Friday night. It was a great weekend weather wise at the Jersey shore. I hope to return in May for the 2009 Spring Lake 5, one of the last races I ran this year.

The weekend was a busy one! The baby shower for my sister-in-law Jess was Saturday; I heard from Phil the funky onesies I sent were a hit! It was also the weekend of the Avon Walk to Cure Breast Cancer, and my co-worker Gina Gruhn along with three of her friends walked both Saturday and Sunday all over Manhattan together raising over $8000! Their team name was: Team Jane Hildebrandt! How cool is that? I hope to be able to participate myself next year! Thank you Gina and company!

I sure have a lot of plans for "next year"! However as my treatment draws to a close I cannot help but to think how good I am going to feel once all this is behind me!

1 comment:

Ted said...

You picked a good one (husband, that is)!