Friday, October 17, 2008

Metal Free!

It is official - I no longer have a foreign body embedded under my skin; my port was surgically removed very early this morning! YAHOO!!!!

Both Greg and my mom made the journey to NYU Medical Center with me. We left last night... just kidding. However 4:45am to me is still "last night"! - I was due there by 6:15.

I was awake for the procedure although they draped my body so I could not see anything. It was quick and painless. I wanted to keep my port, heck it has been part of me for about six months, but it needed to be sent to pathology. I can pick it up on a subsequent visit to the city if I so desire.

So, now I feel like chemo is really over! I am feeling a bit better every day. I do have to admit that since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month I am feeling a bit inundated with pink things everywhere (a pink mixer?) - I can't get away from it even when I do not want to think about it - but it is great to see the focus on this disease.

No comments: