Thursday, October 2, 2008

#11 Done - 1 MORE TO GO!!!


Well my 11th Taxol treatment is behind me - I feel pretty lousy but cannot help but be excited about the weeks ahead! Only one more week of Neupogen, two more weeks with my port. THE END IS NEAR!

I started the morning with three wonderful notes from my nephews and niece packaged in Starbucks cups - To quote Aaron, he wished me a "venti,venti good day"! Shelly was my chemo companion today and we had quite a visit. We laughed a lot; Shelly had brought along several pages of photos from our college days - could it have really been 20 years ago???

In the photo above I am holding a "collage" I had given her at graduation. Time flew by as we tried to figure out what the heck we found so funny about the words I had written! We wondered aloud about many of the folks we knew at BU and what may have become of them.

I came home and had to take a nap. I do have that nasty "chemo" feeling again but thankfully I had the distraction of work this week along with actually being able to run two mornings with Jess.

It has been an interesting week. We have watched the turmoil of the financial markets daily. The referendum I voted in favor for to fund upgrades to my town athletic fields passed - hooray! We learned that my Uncle George passed away (my dad's older brother) at age 64 from a heart attack in his sleep. George lived in Florida and was not close to the family. We did get to see him at my cousin Kristen's wedding in NH this past May. I spent a wonderful evening Wednesday with Denise at Admari tea shop in Midland Park learning about the finer points of Oolong. Even though I have felt pretty bad all week, the class was enjoyable and the tea was soothing on my system. Greg and I had two wonderful meals compliments of Lorna and Laurie (THANK YOU!!!) All along I have been struck incredulous that we are in 4thQ 2008 already - time has flown by. The leaves are turning bright colors quickly and Christmas items are starting to appear in the stores. I am trying to be sure to take time to notice the changes; life is such a gift and change is what makes it so exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane Clare,

One more to go...WOW~!
I can almost envision the home stretch of this chapter for you... the ribbons are being held out to be placed around your neck....there is a crowd of your biggest fans shouting your name with the thunder of clapping hands and tears of joy as you approach the FINISH line.
For many of us on the sidelines...you are our CHAMPION in so many ways.
I know there is still the radiation daily in NY for three weeks which will be tiring for you, but YOU CAN DO IT!
I pray you feel better during this coming week so you can enjoy all the glorious gifts out there given to us this special time of year. The colors, smells, and cooler air...aagghh yes, definitely my favorite.
Frank is in Florida with
Rose Elaine for George's service. He will leave for Arizona from Tampa and meet me there tomorrow. Just a slight change of plans.
Call our cell# if you need to reach us for anything.
We love you.. will be praying and thinking about you during this last week leading up to the LAST TTT (Thursday Taxol Treatment).

Love Debbie