Thursday, February 25, 2010

WTF?

wwww.jchildebrandt.blogspot.com

So, I finally get a call from my doc and what I hear is, "Hello my dear, I am sorry but your biopsy came back positive."

I respond -"WHAT???!!!"

My doctor answers , "blah,blah,blah..." or at least that is what I heard.

Seriously folks - WTF? Again I have no fears of dying (well, eventually of course, unless I find Lestat or Bill Compton) but really, to have have to deal with the whole "C" word again can truly be somewhat trying. I mean c'mon, I have the NYC 1/2 marathon in March, the Lehigh Valley 1/2 in April (which I will be running with my girlfriends attired as our favorite female superheros - you can guess who I'll be decked out as), May brings my trip to Europe, the Spring Lake 5, the Bike for Hunger, followed by June which is the Wyckoff Triathlon. SORRY CANCER - I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOU!!!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and positive thoughts - keep 'em coming. 2010 will be the year I kicked cancer's a$$ - AGAIN!

5 comments:

Jolaine M said...

i sit here and read this and while you are so positive I feel for you total exhaustion. Having just gone through this with a friend who kicked it a second time, I know the road you will be traveling. Keep your positive attitude, but take the time to be sad, to be mad, and then be positive again. You know you have tons of support, and we will all be here for you, whether in person or in spirit. XOXO

Christine said...

Kick its a$$. Kick its a$$ hard again! I love you and am sending all my love, prayers, and good thoughts your way.

Strength for Life said...

Hi, I came across you while searching the Ragnar Relay NY site (we have a team this year-first one). I felt the need to write because our team- Strength for Life, www.strengthforlifeny.org , is a not profit that provides free exercise classes and wellness weekends to cancer patients and survivors - I was amazed when I read that you have/had breast cancer. Good luck to you, you our will be in thought and prayers. Sincerely,
Debbie Hughes
Co-founder, SFL
BTW-did you have any bear issues on your NY Ragnar Run?????

Anonymous said...

Jane I have been following your blog since June 2008 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer myself. Keith Minchella gave me your website and you have been an inspiration to me. Your blog helped me through some rough times and knowing that I was not alone made it easier. Stay positive as that is what helped me through my fight. You are in my prayers.
Jessica S

Anonymous said...

Jane,
This is Darlene (Dillon) Brigito, we worked together at Medco. I am doing the Susan G. Komen three day for the cure, in Boston July 23-25. The baseball cap I will be wearing will have the names of people who have been diagnosed with the disease. I feel their presence will give me strenght to walk 60 miles in three days. Will you do the honor of signing my hat. If so, email me at darldill@yahoo.com. I do not live far, I can stop by. THanks