Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Waiting aka Happy VD Day!

Jane's Journey
www.jchildebrandt.blogspot.com

Trying to figure out this blog/Facebook thing....

So, I had surgery Saturday and everything went somewhat okay - I say somewhat as I had some bleeding which left me with "packing" - yes, it is uncomfortable as it sounds.... I see my doc tomorrow am to remove it.

I was given some pain meds just in case; last night when I started to feel the "packing" I figured, hey, I'll take some meds and everything will be fine. Yeah, sure - sounds good in theory but in real life execution - not so much. I had nightmares all night. I kept seeing my grandmother - my mom's mom - who passed away when I was only 22. In my dreams/nightmares I hugged her so tightly and was so thrilled to see her; to her it was just another day. I am trying not read anything into my dreams about those who have left me but since I will not have my results until Friday it is a bit hard to do.

It has been an interesting weekend. I ran into a high school classmate at the Devils game Friday night - Karen you look awesome - I am quietly envying your beautiful thick dark hair.... and then I ran into Dawn and Preston - a great couple who were each a year ahead of me at BHS but life being what it is reconnected after 20 years. They live nearby and I hope to see them again soon.

It is only two weeks until the Hyannis 1/2 - Positive thoughts only and lots of training over the next two weeks...

No comments: