Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tell me why I don't like Mondays


I know I am showing my age by using a quote from the song Bob Geldof penned while a member of the Boomtown Rats:

"And the silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload..."

That song basically sums up how I have been feeling all week as I wait for confirmation from my doctor that all is well with the biopsy I had done last Saturday and all my worry has been for naught.

Thankfully I had a nice distraction as my very good friend Patrice was in town from St. Louis. Jess joined me along with Gina - one of Patrice's co-workers (she was in Philly for training)- and we had a girls day in NYC. We saw HAIR which was wonderful, I just love that soundtrack even though the underlying message is a bit heavy and still applicable to life today! We had dinner at the Glass House Tavern in the theater district followed by drinks at the W. A good day indeed.

So, tomorrow I'll be calling my doc first thing; my mantra has been "no news is good news" but I hope to let you all know that my next news is nothing but good!

2 comments:

Patricia (NJ Army of Women) said...

I'm thinking of you, Jane! ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane, I just wanted to let you know this is my first official blog response. I was thinking about you and sending more positive thoughts your way! You are a beautiful person inside and out. Things are going to be just fine!XOXO Tiffany