Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More things to be thankful for...


Like a new niece! The above photo features the newest addition to the Burt family -Maia Grace who was born on November 19th to my brother Philip and his wife Jessica. Greg and I had the honor of meeting her this past weekend - she is beautiful!

We had a great weekend on the Cape visiting with Dad and Linda, seeing my brothers Nick and Chris as well along with Chris's girlfriend Irina. The drive home? Well, that was not so great. Sunday as those of you in the Northeast know, was a nasty weather day. Our normally 5 hour ride became an 8 hour one. Yes, we did detour through Madison, CT, a town we just love to meander through, but Route 95 was just pure hell. I swear they have been doing construction on that highway in the same place for over 30 years!

So, it is now December. I have another birthday coming up. I have decided I need to embrace them as I am lucky to be able to celebrate them! I am in denial however that Christmas is right around the corner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane

You have been such an inspiration to me (as well as to others I am sure) with your positive outlook in life and your sense of humor. I enjoy reading your blog on a weekly basis.

Happy Birthday!!!

Chris Coppa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane

Your words of inspiration and humor keep me upbeat everyday. You look great.

Chris Coppa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane - my friends from high school, Heather & Bill Platt live in Madison. They moved to that area 5 or 6 years ago now for Bill's job designing boats. We usually stop & see them on our way up or back from the Cape.