Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I am now 41 and happy about it!

So, I really never thought I could be happy about turning 41 - I mean at 40 you at least get the big party if you so choose and everyone makes a big deal about entering a "new phase of life", etc. My 40th year is one I am happy to leave behind.

I spent the day away from family, including my husband, instead opting for a few days of focus on "me"! I went to the New Age health Spa in Neversink, NY with my friends Jessica and Meridith. Meridith has been a guest at the spa before but it was the first visit for both Jess and I.

We departed Sunday afternoon and arrived in time for a late afternoon yoga class. The studio was beautiful - huge room, heated floors and giant windows overlooking the snow covered hills of the Catskills. Dinner was delicious; most of the greens and vegetables were grown right on property in the spa's greenhouse as we would learn during our "herb and vinegar" demo Monday afternoon. While I did try several new things - Nia Fusion Dance and body work on a Pilates Reformer, there was down time in front of a roaring fire with cup after cup of wonderful teas. It was a most wonderful way to spend a birthday.

I should mention the great weekend I had leading up to my Sunday departure. Friday night I watched my cousin Kristen star in a play she helped write at the Pequannock High School One-Acts competition. I cannot believe she is a senior! Saturday morning Greg and I were the guests of my mom to see Cirque du Soliel's Wintuk at the theater at Madison Square Garden. It was a wonderful show! We then walked up to Rockefeller Center to see the tree. Greg and I then spent Saturday evening at the home of our friends Danielle and Jack talking, eating and drinking; a wonderful night!

I know it seems like I am doing too much, I just want to embrace all that life has to offer these days!

1 comment:

amanda said...

Jane,

41 and ROCKIN' IT!
YOU GO!
I am so proud of you and am just catching up on your blog. While 2008 may seem like a great year to leave behind, 2008 will be one that you continually draw on for strength, for proof that life is worth living, for knowing that hope is a real thing, and that faith can get you wherever you want to be.
Please, continue to be an inspiration and for savoring every last drop of wine and life. We all need to hear voices like yours and to see your very beautiful, smiling face.
Congratulations on a birthday and thank you for sharing your story.

You are amazing.
amanda