Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Major Milestones

March bas brought me two major milestones thus far:

1. March 17th 2009 was the one year anniversary of the mammogram that detected my cancer.

2. I finally completed a race longer than 5 miles at a sub ten minute pace!(Freehold St. Pat's 10 miler - 1:36)

So many dates coming up that I look forward to; mostly being able to say,"One year ago today I..." such as the diagnosis of my cancer, surgery dates,etc. for each day that passes is another day of me being closer to being "cured"!

I am going to be part of Team Aquaphor for the More 1/2 marathon. This team is for women runners who have had or has breast cancer. I was contacted (as a team member) about appearing on the CBS daytime show, "The Doctors", but filming coincides with my vacation. There goes my 15 minutes of fame!

I am watching President Obama's news conference as I type this. I am sensitive to the need for affordable health care so curious to see what pans out. I do not envy this man, he has a heavy burden to bear yet I am optimistic that the good ol' USA will pull out of the morass we are in. I am all for the wiring of health care and not only because I work in e-commerce. Going from floor to floor of the same hospital and having to complete the same paperwork gets a bit redundant. Carrying ones medical records from appt. to appt. also gets old pretty fast. Have I mentioned how happy I am to have those days behind me?

No comments: