Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Approaches

Another Sunday afternoon where I sit recovering from this morning's kickboxing class; what a workout! I feel good now but I just know I am going to wake up tomorrow and feel muscles I never knew I had!

I have found that while I run (Did the NYRR8000 yesterday in Central Park) I lost a lot of "core strength" last year. Doing things like push-ups and sit-ups are down right painful. But in a good way as odd as that may seem. Exercise certainly helped me feel better throughout my treatment, however limited it may have been. I can't even recollect that feeling that chemo gave me of absolute exhaustion. And, that is indeed a very good thing!

Lots of things to look forward to in the next few weeks, vacation, family gatherings, weddings and best of all Spring arrives officially this Friday. Winter will finally be behind us. As it leaves I will be waving it "goodbye" wholeheartedly as I gaze over the crocus flowers poking there way through the dirt along with the beginnings of tulips and daffodils. I am looking forward to much warmer days. I am also hopeful that this week will bring me renewed energy; the time change last weekend seemed to really do me in!

I had the chance to reconnect with some friends from high school this past week. We had been conversing via "Facebook" (that's a whole other post in itself!)and realized we all still live near each other. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Speaking of technology, I have my 3 month follow-up from radiation treatment this week. Everything looks okay to me; all that remains from my treatment is a very faint "tan line". My surgical scar is hardly noticeable (Thank you Dr. Shapiro!) and even my port scar has faded. Tuesday marks the one year anniversary of the mammogram the changed my life. I end this entry with a question I will forever ask my friends and family - have you had your mammogram this year? Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

No comments: