Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

Today is my favorite day of the year. No, it is not my birthday, nor my anniversary. It isn't the first day of summer and as you know it isn't Christmas. However at 2am this morning we all "fell forward" and changed time bringing another hour of light to the evening. This is what makes it my favorite day of the year. It is the promise of warm summer nights to come and spending time outside.
The darkness of winter comes to an end and I for one am so looking forward to enjoying this spring and more so this summer; I need to reclaim the summer I lost last year.

I had a nice weekend. The weather was warm , a tease, spring floating on the breeze. I started the day with a run with Jess and then had lunch with my friend Jen, a survivor herself and greatly enjoyed out time together. I followed this with dinner out with two Jessica's. We did "sushi and a movie" - we saw "Milk", which was great. I spent Sunday working out and puttering about in my garden. Capped the evening with dinner with my aunt Lorna and her family. Her son Michael was home from BU for spring break.

Greg had spent the weekend in Beantown with my brothers partaking in the now annual "Boys Beer Crawl". They actually started at the Sunset Grill and Tap, the very place I worked my junior and senior year at BU. Seems everyone had a very good time and was basically functional today!

Can St. Patrick's Day 2009 really be only 9 days away?

No comments: