Thursday, April 2, 2009

C'est magnifique!

I am back in the USA. I say back because at this time last week I was sleeping in an apartment on Le Avenue d'Opera in Paris. What a trip!

Greg and I spent three days in Paris and had a most wonderful guide - our friend Stephane. Stephane is an artist we met in Germany (oh aren't we cosmopolitan!) while attending the wedding of friends Nora and Jason. He had mentioned we should come to Paris so we went! Since we were in France we figured we should take the train ride to Switzerland and visit Greg's sister Mary so we did. Mary and her husband David live in a beautiful house set on the hillside in Mogelsberg.

Being in Europe made me reflect back over the past year. The one year anniversary of my biopsy was 4/1. Greg accompanied me to the hospital after I received a call to come back for an ultrasound since they thought they saw something in the films I had taken on 3/17. I tell everyone when I first heard the message Chilton Hospital left for me, my first thought was, ".. oh, they must have had a problem with my insurance..." never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I had to have more tests. While there on 4/1 I kept waiting for someone to say "April's Fools!" Greg was with me because we were headed to Michigan for his grandmother's funeral.

I was so shocked when they said they found a lump, even more so when they showed me how to feel it. When they broke out the surgical cart to do a biopsy I felt the world start to spin out of control. And so my journey began...

The trip to Paris and Switzerland was a welcome distraction from the events of the past year. We saw so much: Notre Dame, the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower just to name a few highlights and ate incredible meals. I'll be posting pictures soon!

No comments: