Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mile Markers

The weather here this past Friday and Saturday was a balmy 40 degrees affording me the chance to log some outdoor runs. Did eight miles Saturday morning with Jess and felt pretty good; of course tired by day's end but otherwise not bad.

I have been reflecting a lot on the past year lately as the 1 year anniversary of my diagnosis looms in the future. I keep trying to recall my thoughts/plan/hope and dreams for 2008 and wrap my brain around how things played out. Everything has its reason; I am still trying to figure this one out!

I am also dealing with the stress that comes with every follow-up scan/test and exam - stress as I wait to hear those few words, "all is clear". So far so good. (And yes that is the sound of me knocking wood!)

Much good news this past week - Learned a friend is having a baby, another gave birth to her daughter. I was able to visit my friend Phyllis and laugh about how much her life has changed in the past year as well as she awaits the birth of Alexia! We celebrated Greg's dad's 70th birthday and look forward to Greg's upcoming 39th. Life marches on and I am trying my best to embrace every minute - the good (saw two great films: "Slumdog Millionaire" and "The Wrestler") and the bad (saw one very bad film: "Max Payne"); now if I could only convince myself to enjoy winter!

No comments: