Thursday, September 25, 2008

Taxol Treatment #10 - Placebo for Me

Thursday, September 25th - Today the Avastin clinical trial I was participating in was unblinded and (my heading gives it away) I am not on it. So, on the pro side: I do not need to continue infusions once every three weeks until May 2009; on the con: whatever benefits one may possibly derive from Avastin I did not receive. Hey, its the luck of the draw and all in the name of science. Someone has to be in the control group!

Taxol treatment #10 is now behind me - many thanks to John (Your ability to jump in last minute was greatly appreciated!) for making the early morning trek into NYC with me today. We had to brave rush hour due to a change in appointment time. Only two more to go!

My counts are all good. I can start running again - woo hoo! The week so far has been a relatively quiet one. One highlight was the NY Times article explaining the new protocol of radiation being that of which I am going to receive: three weeks. My doctor was quoted in the article. i have to admit that I get some satisfaction seeing my docs called upon as SMEs. (Subject Matter Experts). And, yes - I did schedule my port removal procedure! No more E.T. , well except for the missing hair and eyebrow...

The NJ weekend weather prediction is quit dire; rain and wind. The leaves are just starting to turn so hopefully the rain won't last and we can all enjoy autumn's splendor.

I added photos to my last post as well as more Disney photos to my post "The Most Magical Place on Earth"

No comments: