Sunday, September 14, 2008

2008 Komen Race for the Cure






What a day!!! Over 24,000 people took to the streets of NYC to raise awareness for breast cancer - how awesome is that???!!! Many, many thanks to all of you who contributed to my fundraising campaign. With my outstanding checks included, I raised over $4000! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

I walked side by side with so many special people: my mom, her friend Dolly, my "sisters" - Shelly and daughter Julia, Laurie, Jess, Terri, Denise, Jill, Chris, Patrice (my special guest all the way from Missouri) - Christine and my niece Hayden, Jeannie and Heather (Sorry we lost you!) as well as Terri's mom, Laurie's mom, and most importantly the one who has stood steadfastly at my side through the very worst of this, my husband Greg. Shout out to Aaron, Ethan and Bill for being the best sideline support - great signs guys!

Team Medco raised $20,000 - nice work! Kudos to Cathy, Kim, David, Dennis, Glenn, Jason, Indira, Kathleen and her daughter Ann and to Claudine for making it all happen; along with all the other Medco folks I may have forgotten. Being one who has been struck by this disease, I thank you all from the depths of my soul and bottom of my heart for giving up a Sunday and making the trek on a hot September day!

No comments: