Friday, April 11, 2008

4/10 Update

Just wanted to pass along the latest updates. I have met with two surgeons one local NJ doc another in NYC at Cornell Medical Center. I have one more consultation at NYC Cancer Care Center on Monday. Basically it looks like as far as they can tell, I am stage 1 which is a very good thing! However the location of the tumor makes lumpectomy questionable so I may be faced with a mastectomy regardless of stage. Also, I am awaiting the results of the BRAC 1 & 2 genetic test. If I test positive for either gene, I will need a double mastectomy and my ovaries removed. The positive side of a mastectomy is I would l not need radiation and possibly no chemo either.

I will keep you all posted as to my progress. Next week I also have a bone scan, two CAT scans an MRI and a core biopsy - should be a fun week! ;-)

No comments: