Monday, July 26, 2010

Race for the Cure


While I am in denial that July is in its last week, I truly cannot believe it is once again time for the annual NYC Race for the Cure!  On Sunday September 12th, I'll once again don my favorite pink attire and join the thousands of others who have been impacted in some way by breast cancer.

This year I have volunteered to lead my corporate team and set aggressive goals for both the team and myself.  Why not consider joining us?  I have walked for the past seven years and the day is always a good one!  If you are unable to join us for a walk, please consider making a donation.  I try to "talk the talk and walk the walk" and I can honestly say that I have benefited from the funds that the Komen organization has helped raise.  The breakthroughs in research and treatment options made my experience with breast cancer one that I survived.  My hope is that one day, women will no longer have to worry about breast cancer at all.  Now wouldn't that be a wonderful day?

With all this cancer talk, I guess I should I add I am headed to the cancer center today for my 1st true exam following my surgery.  I am confident all should be fine - I think the commute in will be the most difficult aspect of the day!  However with cooler temperatures having arrived via the torrential downpours we had yesterday afternoon, an afternoon jaunt into the city may not be so bad.  Have a great week!

No comments: