Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heat Wave



It is July and it is hot.  I do not mean hot in the sense of "awesome, fun, thing of the moment"; no, the hot I refer to means heat, sweat and the need for air conditioning which I normally despise. Thankfully  I am on the Cape and there are ocean breezes to help move the stifling air around. 

I am healing well. I am moving better and am able to get through the days without any sort of pain medication.  My stitches are driving me mad and NYU cannot locate my pathology reports so I'll be a bit crazed until I receive the "all is clear" message but I am sadly accustomed to this type of waiting.  I still tire easily and am quickly reminded of how tender my incisions are if I move too fast or too much. 

I have read several good books:  The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - excellent;  Imperial Bedrooms (Brett Eaton Ellis's latest) - it was okay;  That Ole' Cape Magic (the title alone made my want to read it) - entertaining chick lit; The Professor and the Madman (the story behind the creation of the Oxford English Dictionary) - excellent; and I am now starting on the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lax.

So you can see, I am actually taking it easy.  I am enjoying spending time with my family who have been very gracious hosts. I am amazed by how quickly the days are passing but am thankful I am feeling better with each one that does.  My follow-up appointment is on the 12th and I am hopeful that I will be able to return to my normal crazy life of running, paddling, and by the 22nd swimming once more!  Stay cool!!!

No comments: