Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Saturday Morning in March


One pair of now well-worn Asics Gel Nimbus running shoes - $120


Various pieces of winter weather running apparel - $145


Running hills in Smoke Rise with your brother on a crisp March Saturday morning - priceless

The above may sound somewhat hokey but there is nothing like breathing in the cool winter air on a day that has a sky of perfect blue and all you hear is your own footsteps and those of your running partner. Suddenly my brother comments, "Fox!" - I look up to see a sight of pure beauty - the gloriously thick red coat of a fox speeding along against a backdrop of white snow. Of course said fox was also carrying its breakfast in its jaws and I do not think the chipmunk was enjoying the ride but what a wondrous sight anyhow.

We continue to run bantering back and forth about the homes we pass, the hills we climb and the events on deck for the day. We finish and the day is still young, my heart is pumping and I am wide awake and filled with what can only be described as joy; I have a day filled with plans of seeing friends, taking in some art and then tomorrow I will run the hills again. Get out and enjoy the day - spring is only two weeks away!!!

No comments: