Sunday, March 14, 2010

Longer Days


We changed the clocks at 2am today - 1 hour forward meaning one hour less of sleep but one hour more of sunlight in the evening. Usually this would cause me to exclaim "today is my favorite day of the year!" but 3/14/10 is playing out to be quite an interesting day but perhaps not a favorite.

3/14/10 is well, wet. There is water everywhere! The waterfall in our backyard is rushing over the hillside at such a speed that the normally tranquil sound is similar to the roar of a train. My brother spent the day trying to staunch the flow of water into his basement while my grandfather was evacuated from the home he returned to (from Florida) only yesterday. I can only imagine what tomorrow morning's commute will be like.

On a positive note, I officially ergistered my team for the 2010 Reach the Beach relay. We are running under the moniker, "The Situation" - yeah - we're about training and tanning...

No comments: