Monday, February 23, 2009

Another good doctor visit!

I am a bit sore today having completed the Hyannis 1/2 marathon yesterday. Strange thing is that just 3 months after chemo and radiation I clocked a better time than my 2008 performance in the same race; not quite sure what to make of that! My chip did not register my start but clocked my finish at 2:16. I even took a "restroom" break and the day was blustery but as I ran along Craigville Beach and the scent of the ocean hit me right in the face, all I could do was smile. I realized this is why I run. Not for a PR, not for the medal (well, maybe a little for the medal!) but to really see the world around me. I so enjoyed the course, seeing the beautiful homes, passing the Kennedy memorial and compound, running oceanside. It was a great day that culminated in a wonderful lunch at my brother Phil's home where we were joined by my brothers Chris and Nick along with my Dad and Linda as well. My niece Maia is getting so big! She is so beautiful, I'll post photos soon. Not sure who she favors, Phil or Jess.

Spent the day in the city today being poked and prodded and I am happy to say that all is well! No need to return until July for another follow-up and round 2 of Zometa. I can hardly believe that I am approaching the one year mark of my diagnosis. Aside from my latest 'do and my port scar, I am pretty much back to normal. I'll post photos shortly so you can all see my hair.

No comments: