Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dreaming of the Beach

It is the first of February and a Tuesday which must mean, yes, more snow.  How are the three related?  Well to be honest, only February should have any connection to snow and I suppose February in NJ would be even more a clear connection but how does Tuesday figure in?  It doesn't, but so far for winter 2011 it just doesn't matter.  The Northeast US is once again under the onslaught of the "perfect winter storm" - this one bringing not only snow but ice - the lovely dangerous, tree-snapping, roof collapsing stuff.  My back aches just thinking about clearing the driveway today.  On a positive note, it will count towards my workout since this weather is seriously hampering my ability to run outside and I really dislike running on a treadmill.

The past week was an interesting one.  Both my mother and my father joined the world of Facebook.  Whoa.  That fact alone is fodder for an entirely seperate post.(No offense Mom and Dad!)  I had a great visit with my radiologist who advised the study I was part of will be releasing its first results sometime in Feb/March and they are very promising.  Greg and I saw 127 Hours fulfilling my wish to see all of the 10 films up for Best Piciture on 2-27.  (I do still need to see Rabbit Hole, Blue Valentine and Biutiful)  We went snow tubing with my brother and his family at Mountain Creek and had wonderful time - so much fun embracing my inner child.  We visited Greg's dad and Jean who recently returned from the Barret Jackson auction in Arizona.  We celebrated Greg's 41st birthday by having dinner at the former estate of the King of Morrocco in Somerset, NJ - 90 Acres at Natirar.  Quite swank it was and quite delicious. (As are the chocolate chip cookies my mom made Greg for his birthday - he is not too keen on sharing them!)

In between all of the above I completed my 2nd week of online class, shoveled snow, booked a trip to Coachella with Jess and also had my annual DEXA bone scan along with a visit to my ob/gyn. (You may recall last year's annual visit resulted in my June surgery; I am optimistic this visit will not result in anything!)  Yes, a very full week. 

So again I sit, at home - my car is pretty horrible in the snow - I stare out the window at the white fluffy flakes raining down, listen to Pandora radio, and dream of Coast Guard Beach on a hot July afternoon.  I can almost smell my coconut sunscreen...

1 comment:

Mymartinzoo said...

I stumbled onto your blog in search of an old college friend, Karen Mirrer. I am wondering if this is the same one (who helped you with your props) as my former roommate at Ithaca college. Please let me know if it is.. I am been searching for her for a long time. I hope that you are doing okay. Even though I do not know you, I admire your strength in writing about your journey. Prayers. - Joan Martin, Asheville, NC