Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunshine Causes Procrastination

I should be placing the final touches on my Week 4 assignment for school, but I am not.  I should be getting my wardrobe for the week together, but I am not.  I should be folding laundry, going grocery shopping, making sure I have a Valentine's Day card for my husband, reviewing my work calendar to see what the upcoming week will bring, but I am not.

Of course I am sitting in front of the computer.  I caught myself doing a lot of staring out the window at the glorious sunshine and thought I should try typing away my inability to focus.  So far, it is not working.

Ah stress - what havoc it can cause...I have developed a twitch under my eye - a sure sign for me.  I think last time I had it I was told I had cancer.  Before that it was when I was applying for a mortgage.  This time around I think it is the cumulative effect of realizing how much work school truly is; fearing my upcoming 1/2 marathon for which I am feeling woefully under trained; hearing of a fellow BCS paddler dealing with a recurrence; trying to figure out just what the heck we are going to do with my mother-in-law; and, oh yeah - did I mention I have a full time job and husband who every once in a while would like my attention?

Ever the optimist I plod forward - the race, I'll finish it; that will be my goal.  School?  Only 3 more weeks of this class and then onto "Nutrition" which I am very much looking forward to!  My mother-in-law... not an easy fix but Greg and I are searching for options and will hopefully find one soon.  For my friend Amy Z., I am praying - A LOT!  Here I sit and the sunshine is streaming through the window, warming the room and my heart.   Winter will soon be over and I'll get to paddle and run in the warm sunshine.  In between working and studying of course.  Speaking of which I should really finish my homework...

No comments: